How we handle the information we gather when you visit our web site.
- Web server activity logs - Like most web servers on the Internet, our servers collect and store all of the information that your web browser sends when it requests a web page, including:
- the name, domain, and numerical Internet address of the "host" computer (typically a computer belonging to your Internet Service Provider and not your personal computer) from which you access the Internet.
- the date and time you accessed our site;
- the Internet address of the web page that you came from;
- the page you requested from our site and the number of characters sent to your computer; and
- the information your web browser software sends as its so-called "User Agent," which typically identifies the browser software and may also indicate the operating system and type of CPU used in your personal computer.
- It is impossible to determine the actual identity of an individual user from this information. The logs are periodically summarized and analyzed in order to study site usage over time and to perform other studies to help us improve the site's organization, performance, and usefulness.
- Electronic mail - When you send us personal identifying information via email (that is, in a message containing a question or comment, or by filling out a form that email's us this information), we use it to respond to your requests. We may forward your email to individuals who are better able to answer your questions. We do not retain or distribute lists of email addresses to any parties outside of The Learning Key, Inc. In no event, do we distribute lists of email addresses.
- File transfer protocol (FTP) – Many of The Learning Key, Inc. sites using the file transfer protocol may also store your email address if your web browser is configured to provide it. By default most web browser software does not send your email address; this option is configured through your browser preferences.
- Online surveys - When you voluntarily provide us with personal information as part of an online survey, we use it to perform various quantitative and qualitative analyses to improve customer service and satisfaction. You are under no obligation to participate in such surveys. Non-participation will not inhibit your use of our web site in any way. If you provided the information to us in error, you may request its removal at any time.
- Ordering products - When you voluntarily provide us with personal information such as name, shipping and billing address, and credit card number when ordering products online, we use the information to fulfill your order. We may forward the information to other computer systems (such as secure electronic commerce servers) to complete the requested transaction.
- Marketing information - We may collect information from you, with your permission, that will allow us to provide various customer services, such as promotional materials and product or service availability notices. We will remove such information at your request.
Collection and release of gathered information
The Learning Key, Inc. will not obtain personal identifying information about you when you visit our web sites, unless you choose to provide such information to us. We do not attempt to identify individual users or share any information we receive with any parties outside of The Learning Key, Inc. The only exceptions to this are:
- officially authorized law enforcement investigations wherein The Learning Key, Inc. has been served with an appropriate warrant to provide specific information, or
- a suspected attempt to deliberately circumvent our system's security with the intent to gain unauthorized access or to do physical damage for example, an attack by hackers. In this case, collected information associated with a suspected intruder will be provided to the FBI.
Retention of collected information
- Cookies - Some applications may save a "cookie" on your computer's hard disk to provide a temporary history of actions taken. A common example is the tracking of items placed in an online "shopping basket." The Learning Key, Inc. does not retain any record of "cookies" beyond what is necessary for running the application.
- Web server activity logs - Monthly extracts of the log files are archived and stored off-line at our discretion for an indefinite period of time. Some statistical summaries derived from these data may be retained online or off-line at our discretion for an indefinite period of time.
- Email - Information collected via email will be retained at our discretion in a directly readable form for as long as necessary to complete our response. The email itself may be retained in an archival form.
- Online surveys - Information collected via online surveys may be maintained at our discretion for an indefinite period of time.
- Marketing information - Such information may be maintained at our discretion for an indefinite period of time.
- Updating Personal Information and Privacy Preferences
- You have the right to access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences at any time. To access and/or correct such information, you may write The Learning Key, Inc. at:
The Learning Key, Inc.
1093 General Washington Memorial Boulevard
Washington Crossing, PA 18977
Notification of Policy Changes